Feb 1, 2011

My tryst with astrology

My weekend was a total waste. My dearest Aunt came to visit my place accompanied by an Astrologer! It was a surprise visit and I knew there was no escape from it. My plans just went in vain and all I could do was crib within my heart.

My brain stops working when I have to face things I detest. Sometimes, we can't really help it. So the session with the astrologer begun. I opted to face him in the last when everyone(my cousins and friends) almost jumped over him. This famous 'Pandit ji' tried to ensure peace and announced; 'One by One fellows'.

It was incredible- the entire atmosphere of watching curious human beings asking about there future. I thought 'is future that important?' Majority of my friends over concerned about there future were too careless about there present! So I could just sit, listen and wonder.

I seldom knew that another hour would test my patience. When questions like;

"Will I marry the man whom I like"?
"My boyfriend loves me or not"?
"Will I go abroad for studies"?
"Will my husband be handsome"?
"Will I marry a rich man"?

Not surprised. Girls are experts in asking such questions. Well, Boys have some pretty weird one's ;

"I want to leave my girlfriend"
"I hate studies, when will I be able to switch to sports"?
"Will I get a beautiful life"?
"I hope my girlfriend is loyal and marries me"?
"I want to earn more"?

Huh. My mind was about to burst. While I was listening and irritatingly pretended to enjoy the entire session, my turn came. I wanted to make a quick excuse, but it was of no help. So I had to face the 'PANDIT JI'.

He saw my Kundali and made weird faces and I felt like snatching my  little book of life from him!! He stared at me. And asked; 'You seem to be unwilling to talk to me'?

I was like; 'umm...No. Please tell me about anything'.

He was not convinced. Still started talking slowly...

'You have a pretty nice Life ahead, a lot of struggle in career and a happy married life'.

Anything you wish to ask?

'About the present', I just asked for the sake of  it!

He replied;

'Well.....the going is great, but I see a lot of struggle to get ahead. Beware of your closest friends. Anyone can betray you'.

I mentioned few words to myself: 'ALL FAKE. This can't be true'.

He waited for some other questions. But, I was not interested.

He could sense it; 'Beta, you don't believe in astrology, I know that. But these are just calculations and nothing else. You seem to be brave enough to give a fight to whatever comes your way, so I will not predict anything for you. You are someone who will make a way for yourself, no Kundali can determine your future.

I was like; WOW. I adored pandit ji's words and liked what he said. Since then, I think astrologers are good. There is no harm in talking to them, till you don't get too serious in it!!



No comments: