Feb 17, 2011

To the to be bride and her old friends


You are about to embark on a whole new journey. I go through a happy yet strange feeling!
As I think of you getting married, I recall the beautiful  magical years and moments of unusual, unique, topsy turvy  friendship we shared (share). We, the threesome awesome. 

We met at Amity and I still remember when you formally introduced yourself to me and next minute we got along so well! Then, veronica, like a twinkling ,bright little star joined us. She made our world more beautiful.
Those 2 years at amity were 'best days of our life'. We created some pleasant memories of happiness, confessions, confusions and secrets. Those incredible moments come back to me today. 

As 'friends' we shared an amazing journey of ups and downs. We smiled, fought, cried,loved and hated each other for funny things. We proved 'best friends are worst enemies!'  

We made mistakes and apologized.

We ate voraciously everyday at 'Punjabi Tadka', 'Pizza Hut' and gulped down cups of coffee at Costa, barista.

We hated exams and loved the girls night out-s!

Good food, gossips and making power point presentations - WOW. Each moment was unique and cute.
At times weird too ;)

In a blink, we graduated- thrown out to fly and taste the corporate world. Sooner than we realized, we were lost somewhere. 

Time passed quickly and we were living in each others silent presence, tangled in our outrageous busy routine of work and issues, unaware, while the clock ticked by. 

We found reasons for being exceptionally busy, caught up and tied down. Time passed by us, very quickly.

During college, we were no less than oxygen to each other. So never thought that there will come a time when we will not meet for days and even months.

Such is life. We moved on and continued to act busy. We met new people, made new friends and strangers. Outside college its a whole new world. We embraced it with open arms. But, somewhere deep down we always were and are there for each other. We knew nothing could ever take place of that special corner of 'our memories'.  

One fine morning I wake up, you call ans say; 'I found the better half of my life, I am engaged to a man who will keep me happy for the rest of my life'. 

I was silent for few seconds. Then jumped out of the bed and yelled; 'REALLY, WOW. I love you.' Those few seconds were 'beautiful'. That day I had few words to express my excitement and 'the feeling'. And there were little tears of happiness too. 

So, amongst three of us, you are the first one to get married and its time to celebrate, recreate the magic and new memories. 

 Everything is just going the way you wanted...it will be for years to come...

Wishing you a happy, fulfilling and wonderful years ahead.

love n hugs. 

No comments: