Aug 5, 2011

From heart, with love

Writing after a long time.  For some reason it is becoming tough- to give my words a voice. I hope this vague helplessness is short lived.

Month of July, 2011, turned out to be extraordinarily unexpected. Just when I returned from one month magical, superb vacation- I saw my uncle fighting for that one breath-for precious life. I was numb. Everything, just everything else I loved-that money can buy-seemed useless to me. For the first time I realized- 'how precious life is'.

I saw my dad going through the toughest time of his life. Long hours in Hospital for entire one month- I use to stay back at night in the hospital and the air was full of depression. Patients loved ones prayed to god and even threatened him. There were hopes, disappointments, smiles, tears and loss of faith too. This one month journey in the hospital - it transformed me as an individual forever.

When I look at my uncle sitting in front of me, still recuperating, I feel- 'God may have been biased with us'. When my uncle was being discharged from the hospital, other families who had to wait- looked at us with a faint smile- they thought: 'god, when will you take us out from this?

I confessed that sometimes, Kismet happens.

My staunch belief in god turned stronger. I feel more closer to my God, to my Grandma. I feel proud of my dad- he got out his brother from the clutches of death. Such is the power of LOVE.

Well, Life moves on. Now things are good- still there are moments when I shake myself up- a voice tells me- Be prepared- there's a lot more to life- unpredictable, unknown and strange. Just be ready!

No comments: